Terms and Conditions
The Supplier shall refer to WZ Unit Trust, T/A “Sydney Fence Hire” from here on in.
The hirer entering into the contract will be referred to as the “hirer” from here on in
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The hirer enters into a contract and agrees and accepts the terms and conditions from the date they make a booking with the supplier.
2. The company/and or person who has made the booking is liable for all payment. Payment will be required before the hire via EFT or credit card. Credit card payments incur a 3% surcharge. Only VISA and MasterCard credit cards are accepted, AMEX is not. Cash is the only method of payment which is accepted on the day and the person hiring the equipment must be there at the time the equipment is delivered to pay in cash or have provided the money to another person who will be present. The hirer must have the correct change in cash. If that hirer or representative for that hirer is not there to provide the cash on delivery, we reserve the right not to deliver the equipment or charge the credit card provided at the time of the booking.
3. Supplier reserves the right to change the prices/specials on the site at any time without notice.
4. Supplier will request credit card details or a bond to cover for any damages, theft, cancellations, cleaning or inability to access the equipment to be picked up at the agreed time. By making a booking, you authorise for your credit card to be charged in the case that any equipment is lost, stolen, damaged, requires cleaning, if a booking is cancelled or is unable to be picked up.
5. Cancelled bookings outside of a 48 hour period from the delivery date incur a non refundable charge of 50%. Bookings cancelled within a 48 hour period incur a 100% cancellation fee. By providing your credit card details, you give us permission to charge the card for any cancelled bookings.
6. Extensions of bookings beyond the hire period conclusion date will incur additional charges. This will be charged based on the new hire period required. You authorise us to charge the credit card on file should you wish to extend the hire period further. No refunds are given on any remaining hire period should the product be required to be picked up earlier than the original agreed pick up date.
7. Sydney Fence Hire reserves the right to reschedule a booking if it is a safety risk to deliver or set up the equipment, in the case of extreme weather conditions such as torrential rains, hail, flooding, extreme thunderstorms, earthquake or an area being restricted from access due to a terrorist attack. Should we not be able to deliver at a later time on the agreed hire date, we will happily deliver on the next available day. Should the hire have to be cancelled for one of these reasons and your hire can’t be rescheduled to another time, a credit can be applied for a future booking.
8. The hire is for the designated hire period agreed on in writing by the hirer and Sydney Fence Hire. Should we not be able to access the equipment for pick up at the end of the hire period, the hirer will incur a daily charge for the equipment for any days beyond the agreed hire period, up to the value of the replacement costs of the items hired. This may be taken from the bond, and any additional charges incurred may be charged to a credit card.
9. The hirer accepts full responsibility for the equipment once they take possession of the equipment. This is from the time it is delivered, to the time it is collected. The hirer is liable for the replacement cost or repairs of any equipment that is stolen, goes missing, is vandalised or damaged.
10. The hirer is responsible for having someone available to take delivery of the equipment at the nominated date and time. If the hirer fails to be there at that time, an additional delivery fee will be charged to re deliver the equipment at another time if we are not able to set up. Delivery and collection is done between the hours of 7am-4pm, seven days a week, excluding public holidays. Should you require a specific time of delivery, an additional fee may apply. A time window is set of 4 hours, and your delivery will be allocated to a 4-hour time slot. This can be provided to you on the week of the hire. Same day collections may incur an additional fee to allow us to place a separate crew on for your collection. Deliveries outside of our standard delivery hours of 7am-4pm may incur an additional fee, please call or email.
11. Delivery of all equipment is at ground level only. Extra charges on top of the usual delivery charge apply where the delivery of the equipment is more than 10 metres away from where our vehicle can park. Extra charges may also apply for stairs, steep descents, hills and going up levels of a site. The hirer is responsible for notifying us via email if the delivery has any of these conditions. Failure to do so will result in extra charges, and in extreme cases refusal to deliver. Extra charges will be taken out of the bond, the hirers credit card or will be payable on the day in cash.
12. Sydney Fence Hire will set up all equipment provided as long as we have access to do so, free from any obstructions or infringements. If we are not able to access a site easily to set up the equipment, you may be charged for the equipment to be re delivered once the site is clear for set up.
13. The hirer assumes proper knowledge in the operation and handling of the equipment and follows OH&S policies and does not hold Supplier responsible for any injury caused to themselves or others whilst using the equipment.
14. The equipment remains the property of Supplier at all times. The hirer may not transfer this contract to another party without written consent of Supplier.
15. The hirer must inspect and check all equipment and notify Supplier at the time of delivery if there is any equipment missing, damaged or unfit for use. Failure to do so will see the hirer responsible for any damages or missing equipment upon pick up.
16. No warranty is provided by Supplier for the equipment’s fitness for any particular use. At no time does Sydney Fence Hire guarantee that our fencing products will restrict unauthorised access to a site.
17. The hirer must not move any of the hired products to any other site without written permission from the supplier.
18. Customers providing email addresses upon booking agree to periodically receive email specials. If you do not wish to receive these, please notify our team when booking so you are not included in the email newsletters.
19. The laws of NSW shall govern this agreement. Venue for any legal proceedings brought in connection with this contract shall be in NSW.
10. Renter agrees to defend, indemnify, assume liability for and hold Supplier harmless from any and all claims, demands, damages, losses, suits, proceedings, penalties, expenses or other liabilities including attorney fees and court costs, arising out of or resulting from the use of the Equipment, regardless of the basis.
21. The terms and conditions can only be amended by the Supplier.
22. Any changes to this contract must be written and signed by both Hirer and Supplier. Oral agreements are non-binding. The latest contract supersedes all previous contracts between Hirer and Supplier. This agreement binds and benefits the heirs, successors and assignees of the parties.
23. If any court determines that any provision of this agreement is invalid or unenforceable, any invalidity or unenforceability will affect only that provision and will not make any other provision of this agreement invalid or unenforceable and shall be modified, amended or limited only to the extent necessary to render it valid and enforceable.
24. If one party waives any term or provision of this agreement at any time, that waiver will only be effective for the specific instance and specific purpose for which the waiver was given. If either party fails to exercise or delays exercising any of its rights or remedies under this agreement, that party retains the right to enforce that term or provision at a later time.